Links you click on in this post may earn us a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Welcome to the world of homemade goodness! Naturally, of course. If you’re a culinary enthusiast or someone who appreciates the natural flavors of your dishes, you’re in for a treat. Discover the joy of making your own stock and transform your kitchen into a hub of wholesome delight. Not only does homemade veggie stock taste better, but it’s economical and good for the environment. Wins all around.Jump to Recipe
Why Homemade Vegetable Stock?
Before we delve into the recipe, let’s explore the benefits of making your own vegetable stock. Store-bought versions often contain preservatives and excessive sodium, which can overshadow the freshness of your dishes. By crafting your own stock at home, you have control over the ingredients, ensuring a healthier and more flavorful outcome. You can freeze it, or use it to cook in bulk. The possibilities are endless. For example – this recipe that I’m currently obsessed with: Lemony Lentil Soup
Instant Pot: Your Culinary Sidekick
The Instant Pot has revolutionized home cooking, and making vegetable stock is no exception. I use it for so many things – from making yogurt at home to making applesauce. Its time-saving features and ability to extract flavors efficiently make it the perfect companion for this recipe (and pretty much anything you can think of) With just a few simple steps, you can have a rich, aromatic vegetable stock ready to enhance a variety of dishes.
Benefits of Homemade Instant Pot Vegetable Stock
- Customizable: Tailor the stock to your preferences by adjusting the seasoning and experimenting with different herbs and veggies. This recipe is very forgiving but I’d suggest making it a few times exactly as is before experimenting too much.
- Rich Flavor Profile: The combination of fresh vegetables and aromatic herbs creates a robust and savory base for your dishes.
- Cost-Effective: Making your own stock is not only healthier but also more budget-friendly than constantly purchasing store-bought options.
- Reduced Food Waste: Utilize vegetable scraps and trimmings to minimize kitchen waste while maximizing flavor. I often save scraps until I fill up a Gallon Ziploc and just dump it into the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Vegetable Stock Recipe
- Instant Pot or other Pressure Cooker
- 1 large onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 leek
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- Toss in your veggies, water, and spices and set the Instant Pot to manual cook for 20 minutes
- Do a natural release once the timer is done
- Strain out veggie scraps and add salt to taste. You're done!
Congratulations, you’ve just unlocked the secret to elevating your culinary creations – Instant Pot Vegetable Stock! Embrace the joy of crafting your own flavorful base, and soon you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it. It feels so good to make things from scratch. I hope you enjoy this recipe!