Sometimes you just need a break.
We all need to remember to take time for ourselves, and sometimes even when we do remember, we have NO idea where to start.
To give you some ideas of how to take care of yourself on a self-care day, here is a list of ideas that you can use to help you relax and calm your mind.
Self-Care tips for a Calm Mind
- Light incense or candles
- Run a hot bath or shower
- Meditate, for at least 20 minutes
- Take a walk at your favorite park
- Do 15-30 minutes of Yoga (and lay in Shavasana as long as you need)
- Make lists
- Make a Zen Tangle
- Color in an adult coloring book
- Sit outside without distraction and watch the clouds
- Read a book in your favorite space
- Use 4,7,8 breathing.
- Cuddle with a pet (or play with puppies at a shelter)
- Use Lavender oil to calm your mind
- Diffuse essential oils
- Plant something.
- Tell yourself what you can control, and let go of the things you cant.
- Release Expectations.
- Use a Self-Care guide, and take your time.
- Make your favorite dish and fully enjoy it.
- Go see a friend or loved one.
- Meditate on positive affirmations.
- Meditate on the Pause. Pause and reflect whenever you feel anxious.
- Re-frame Negative Thoughts
- Listen to soothing music. Find a rain, flute or forest sounds playlist and listen.
- Give yourself permission to feel what you are feeling, and then let it go.
Loved this article? Read this Next: