Sometimes you just need a break.
We all need to remember to take time for ourselves, and sometimes even when we do remember, we have NO idea where to start.
To give you some ideas of how to take care of yourself on a self-care day, here is a list of ideas that you can use to help you relax and calm your mind.
Self-Care tips for a Calm Mind
1. Light Incense or Candles
2. Run a hot bath or shower
3. Meditate for at least 20 minutes
4. Take a walk at your favorite park
5. Do 15-30 minutes of Yoga (and lay in Shavasana as long as you need)
6. Make lists
7. Make a Zen Tangle
8. Color in an fun coloring book
9. Sit outside without distraction, and watch the clouds
10. Use the 4,7,8 breathing technique
11 . Read a book in your favorite space
12. Cuddle with your pet, or play with animals at a shelter
13 . Use Lavender oil to calm your mind
14. Diffuse essential oils
15. Plant something
16. Say a Prayer
17. Tell yourself what you can control, and let go of the things you cant.
Want to try our 30 day self care challenge? Follow this link!
18. Learn to Release Expectations.
20. Use a Self-Care guide, and take your time.
21. Make your favorite dish and fully enjoy it.
22. Go see a friend or loved one.
23. Meditate on positive affirmations.
24. Meditate on the Pause. Pause and reflect whenever you feel anxious.
25. Re-frame Negative Thoughts
26. Listen to soothing music. Find a rain, flute or forest sounds playlist and listen.
27. Give yourself permission to feel what you are feeling, and then let it go.
Loved this article? Read this Next: